Skip to main content

Hmm... Time To Cry UNCLE?

Many are those crusty ol' uncle types pouting out there, this summer; they have been having doubts and expressed outright disgust and contempt over what Warner Bros. has done to their old favorites time has pretty much forgotten: the Men From U.N.C.L.E. - Illya Kuryakin and Napoleon Solo.

And, one has to wonder, looking at the evidence (and, yes, we have bothered to watch the film, too) - can these old geezers who double as fanboys still, after all these years, be blamed in the least?

The review of this Guy Flick will be unveiled on another blog, at another time (somewhere, here, on this vast, and ever luminous, TLB Prime Network!) but, for now, let us just ponder along with the fans over said evidence in this sordid affair, indeed...!


Huh? Who are you? 
I'M Illya Kuryakin!

well... it's HERE, actually - cry UNCLE already!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hmm... Is Justice really improving in this world after all...?!?

On the date that, waaaaay back in 1431, the trial of one JOAN OF ARK began, we learn that a 9/11 plotter has his prison term increased! It was doubled in fact, in a German court of all places, in Hamburg to be more specific... Justice is improving, being meted out in a harsher way to those who deserve it too, in the country where, a relatively short time ago (what's 60-65 years in human history? Peanuts...) dementia and lunacy overtook an entire nation (or a good portion of it) and possessed the collective psyche enough to have them commit such atrocities... All in the name of the imaginary "master race"...! I should apologize for the very condensed -very spontaneous too- luminous history lesson... But I will not! ;) Suffice it to say - if Joan of Ark got the stake, 576 years ago today... Surely Mounir el Motassadeq deserves to get 15 years in prison... And to be decked all along the way... I know - easy one to say... Or type, really... Sue me, willya? ;)

Hmm... Energy, Eh?

really... VERNAL EQUINOX  yielding a  ''WORM FULL MOON''  and a  VORTEX  that unleashes  copious amounts of  ''unprecedented magical energy''  onto the Earth --- I presume?  Really?    Not a worm like this worm here,  one hopes... a so-so classic of the genre...  All I know... is that I took three fine pictures  on this night:  this last picture truly shows something akin to a ''vortex'' there  -  to tell the truth...! Or a rift in the fabric of space, tearing up   to further facilitate that generous dispensing of  ''magical energies'' promised there...  To the neo-pagans it was, anyway!  Well, all that is uncanny, really:  just yesterday I was thinking of  that old book project of mine  that I have shelved indefinitely...  And it was ten...

Hmm... Star Wars is real?

This museum exhibit in Boston seems to be trying to make the case that Star Wars "science" and real science are getting closer and closer with each passing day... Yes, folks, we may very well be driving around in our own private little Land Speeder one day, soon... hmm... well, maybe... However, until they make them nifty light-sabers, I will not be convinced - nor satisfied! But of course, light-sabers are to be handled only by enlightened ones, as on the big screen now! For reality sure needs to imitate art if they ever do make them light-sabers - like, commercially!? Imagine them becoming available in an all-American Wal-Mart near you: any nitwit could pick one up, just like, I dunno, just like they buy a gun, for crying out loud! It should be restricted to an elite customer-base, really, for we do NOT want fanatics, lunatics or other "ics" strutting around brandishing weapons like that, now do we? They better ponder the question carefully before making any more...